Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Walk and Work

Nathan and I took part in the March of Dimes Walk today. We could not have asked for nicer weather. I recommend this event to anyone. We raised money for a great cause, over $500 and we got our exercise in for the day. Thank you everyone who donated!

Other than that this past week I had a weird Thursday. I broke my shoe walking into school; I should have taken it as a bad sign. During my first hour class I gave my students a few moments to review their notes before we took our test. As they were quietly looking over their notes I noticed something in the corner, a mouse stuck to a mouse trap! I thought (prayed to God rather) that I could call maintenance down to remove the little bugger before anyone noticed. As I was dialing for maintenance I here a student yell “Oh my God!” Well as you can imagine junior high students will use any distraction to keep from taking a test. You can not come up with a better distraction than a live mouse caught in a trap. I ended the day with my Spring Band Concert. I usually have a very strong opinion about how we perform, but I am pretty vanilla on this one. The kids have definitely played better in the past, but the concert was far from bad. I do not know maybe it was just a very Twilight Zone day.

No comments: