Friday, July 18, 2008

Two Quick Stories

Story number one:

Nathan and I have an agreement. I write all thank you notes and address them. He has to lick them and pay for postage. I know I am a little fanatical about getting out thank you notes in a timely manner. So after Gretchens baptism on the sixth, I sat down that evening to write them out. The next day I handed them off to Nathan to lick. This is not his favorite job, but it is our deal. So as he looks at the pile, he notices Gretchen drooling in her swing. (Most of you see where this is going.) Over the next several minutes Nathan dabs his finger across Gretchen’s chin, picks up the drool, and then wets the envelope with it. So if you received one of our thank you notes recently, know that it was closed with genuine Gretchen drool!


Story number two:

Most of the time when I get black and blue marks on my arms and legs and have no idea how they got there, it means that I am just clumsy. I do have a black and blue mark on my cheek that is the exception. The other day I was holding Gretchen and she had woken up from another short nap. I had proped her up on my shoulder so she could look out the window. She turned her head and started licking my cheek. I thought it was cute. Then she latched on and started trying to get my cheek to make milk! Well, she did not get what she wanted. I on the other hand was left with quite the black and blue mark.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your daughter gave you a hickey! Should I call the Springer show?