Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Best & Halloween


One of my favorite things about having a little girl is getting to dress her up in cute dresses for Church on Sunday. She was a little chatty today during mass, but they were all happy sounds and no one seemed to mind.



I have cute matching bows for her hair, but they will not say in. Luckily this dress is actually a shirt for an 18 month old. We are hoping by the time she wears it as a shirt she will have enough hair to hold the bows.


We went to my school and walked around in costume for a little while on Halloween. After Nathan was done with work, we sat on our porch and handed out candy to all the kids. Gretchen loved being our little door greeter. Although I must admit I was bothered by a hand full of kids that were way to old to be trick-or-treating (and not wearing costumes) who stopped by. I think I am going to make a sign next year that says "no costume and/or in high school: no candy."

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

What a cute kid! It's been a while since we've seen her in person! We need to get together soon....Out of our 4 trick-or-treaters, 2 of them had cute little costumes - Thomas the Tank Engine and a Pirate. The other 2 were older wearing hoodies with pillowcases to collect candy. it was very stereotypical, but I won't get into that. The bottom line is we had FOUR trick or treaters...I have way too much candy laying around this house!