Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ode to bread

I am a total carbohydrate addict, and sandwiches are one of my favorite things to eat. However in the interest of healthy living recently I have started making wraps instead of sandwiches. Wraps are ok but I do miss the bread. Until now however I could not find a bread that was low cal, high in fiber, and tasted good. Drum roll please………..Healthy Life Rye Bread meets all three criteria! It is only 80 calories for two slices, yes that it is right two slices not one, 7 grams of fiber (hmmmm fiber) and it really does taste like rye bread not cardboard.

In the interest of full discloser this bread does have a lighter texture than normal rye bread and no it is not as good as my favorite full loaded sourdough. But Healthy Life Rye is a tasty everyday bread. They also have a wheat bread version, but I have not sampled it as of yet and can’t comment.

Now I must go eat a sandwich and maybe take a nap!

No comments: