Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tall Ships

This past weekend my husband, a few friends and I went to see the tall ships at Navy Pier. It was nice but not worth the $12 to board the ships. If I had to do it again, I would go and just walk around and not pay the $12. Maybe if you knew something about sailing or were a huge history buff you could justify the cost. Otherwise kids take my advice and just enjoy walk along the river/lake front and save your money.

Another attraction that is not worth the extra money is the Hover Dam Engine Room. Earlier this year we went to Las Vegas and took a day trip to the Hoover Dam. The trip itself was fun and worth the time and expense. However once you get there they charge $11 to see the engine room and you have to wait in line for a half an hour or so. I did not think that little extra was worth the time or expense.

3 comments:

Tony Real said...

The Hoover Dam is even less fun when the tour is closed because of homeland security. We went to the Hoover Dam in November of 2001 and they had suspended giving tours until futher notice for fears of terrorist attacks. Other than the engine room - was the inside interesting at all?

Jen said...

It was ok, they showed a 15 min. video about the making of the Dam. I guess I just expected more after the elevator ride down into a cave like hallway but it lead to the very unimpressive engine room. That was really all your $11 got you.

Anonymous said...

In defense of the tall ships, I thought they were very cool. I am the only one of the four of us who enjoyed them, but they were cool. Maybe the nerdyness coming through, however.....