Sunday, October 15, 2006

Work Stuff Mostly

I have been so busy with work lately. This past Thursday I took my 75 member band down to the University of Illinois. The choir and orchestra from my school also went so we had quite the caravan going down I-57. Anyway, I had two parents on each of my busses. I was going to be on one and then my student teacher on the other. However, when we pulled away from the school at 7:30 AM, my student teacher was nowhere to be found (That is a story in itself). I was afraid this was going to be an omen for how the day was going to go, but luckily it was not. My kids were fantastic. Their behavior was awesome and was only exceeded by their playing. I really feel like we got so much out of our visit, from the Sousa Museum, to working with Ken, to the kids listening to Symph. I rehearse. I do not think we could have asked for anything more.

This past Saturday was IMEA auditions. I am the band chair for my IMEA district this year. That means that I make tons of copies and the day of auditions I run around like a chicken with my head cut off for 13 hours entering scores and putting the IMEA band together along with a handful of other nuts like myself. I have to say I am so glad that day is over and that I only have a handful of responsibilities left as band chair for IMEA.

Today was my niece Ariana’s Birthday party. She is such a cutie. I have a picture of her below.




No comments: