Friday, December 15, 2006

Shopping for the Holidays

So yesterday I was determined to finish off all my Christmas shopping. I did a fair amount early online. I was feeling confident that I was well on the way to getting everyone something they wanted on my list. Then that ship kinda sailed.

I pulled Nathan’s cousin Mike for the family gift exchange. Mike is a great guy, however, he is very hard to shop for. I know that could be said about most guys, but I think it is extra true for Mike. I asked his sister for hints and after that did not work out I found myself in Borders. I was standing in the bookstore like a deer in headlights. After I accepted I was probably not going to pick the perfect book, I decided to go for the laugh. At first I grabbed a coffee table book about Tu-Pac, but that was a fair amount over the budget. Next I grabbed an orange fuzzy book about gay Muppets, but then I chickened about. Finally, I settled on a book called “Superstud.” It was written by the creator of the TV show “Freaks and Geeks.” I was smiling reading the back cover, so I hope Mike likes the book or at least gets the joke. I continued my Borders experience by finding they did not have the Civil War book I was going to get my Dad. I just asked a person browsing in that section to recommend one for me. I hope that the lady knew what she was talking about. I ended my shopping trip by buying myself two sweaters. They were not on my gift list, but aren’t those the best gifts, the ones you stumble on for yourself? Anyways, I am now done with shopping for Christmas… I think…I hope…

No comments: