Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas in review

We just got back from St. Louis. We spent Christmas with Nathan’s family this year. Before we went to St. Louis, I went to a band conference in downtown Chicago. I usually dread going to those things. It always seems like the people I spent four years trying to avoid at U of I are the ones I run into and the conference only has one or two lectures I really like. That was not the case this year. Every lecture I went to was great and I learned a lot. Also I got to spend some quality time with two of my favorite professors from U of I. I am so glad I went.

On Friday after the conference Nathan and I met some friends for dinner which was great fun. After dinner Nathan and I exchanged gifts. I got Nathan some dress shoes, a shirt, and Family Guy on DVD. (He is watching them as I type.) Nathan got me a pair of white gold hoop earrings and a digital picture frame. Then we headed south early Saturday morning.

St. Louis was good. We got a chance to see both sides of his extended family as well as his good buddy Andy. It was fun to run around after his little niece Anna. I had a great heart to heart with Matt, Nathan’s brother. I like Matt a lot but I have never had a serious talk with him, so I am glad we got a chance to do that. Other than that it was just your standard family fun. I will attach a couple of pictures, enjoy.





1 comment:

Tony Real said...

Digital Picture Frame? What a great gift!