Monday, July 02, 2007

Lost Luggage

So as Nathan and I were preparing to leave Myrtle Beach we were talking with our brother-in-law about how lucky they were that their luggage made it to Myrtle Beach since their connector flight ran late. Nathan went on to say the same thing happened to us and we were fine. He also added that he flies about eight times a year for work and in the seven years he has been doing that he has never lost his luggage. I am a bit superstitious so I said right after that “knock on wood” however their was no wood to knock on in the car.

After breakfast we said our goodbyes and Nathan and I hopped on our connector flight to Charlotte and then off too Chicago. We get to O’Hare and are standing at the baggage claim. Twenty minutes later we are still standing at the baggage claim. Another twenty minutes and we are the only ones left from our flight still standing at the baggage claim. So we register our lost luggage and they reassure us that it is probably still in Charlotte but that we should have it by tomorrow. The next morning they are still looking for it and tell us to check back later. I call around noon and the completely unhelpful woman on the other end says there is no information about our bags in the system at all. They are completely lost. Well at that point I really start to get angry and start thinking just how much it would be to replace everything in my luggage as well as my luggage. I sat down and wrote out everything I could remember taking and including my luggage the cost was just over $2000, just for my stuff. I was blown away by how expensive it would be. A few hours after that the airline called and they found our luggage. I my rethink my packing strategy the next time I travel and take a full size carry on with my valuables. Nathan says I am carrying it though.

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

I think it is a requirement for all airline personnel to be extremely unhelpful - see my blog post regarding our lost luggage

http://smithtacular.blogspot.com/2007/05/may-20-wheres-green-bag-heading-home.html