Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Annoucment!!!

I could not be more excited to announce Nathan and I are expecting a baby! We are so happy and we feel unbelievably blessed already. We decided to wait until the end of the 1st trimester to make the official announcement to the world just to be on the safe side. I am happy to report this past Thursday we had our 12-week doctor visit and everything looks great. We heard the baby’s heart beat for the first time! We also got another ultrasound and we saw our little one doing a back flip. Can you believe it? My baby has only had arms and legs for two weeks and he/she is already a little gymnast. You will have to forgive the proud mommy to be for gushing!
So far I have been very lucky having few pregnancy symptoms. I have noticed I am much more tired than usual and that my taste in foods has changed quite a bit. I no longer care for chicken, which I use to love. I also find myself liking things that use to turn me off, such as salt and vinegar chips. One other thing I have noticed is a sharp increase in crazy dreams. I have always been prone to having wacky dreams now and then but lately it has been every night.
My due date is March 31st. So the plan is for me to leave for spring break and not go back to finish the school year. I have many friends who are teachers. Does that not just sound awesome to you? Spring break is never long enough. I will miss my students terribly, but I am working hard to find a suitable replacement. I am confident I will be able too. One question we have been asked many times over is, “Are going to find out what you are having?” I can not answer that right now. Nathan wants it to be a surprise and I am torn on the issue. I have a feeling the moment I am far enough along to tell what we are having I will desperately want to know. So I guess we are still debating the issue.

3 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

We are going to have to make sure that you have really comfy shoes for Europe! :) Congrats again and I have a surprise for you and baby H. (something that was totaly screaming "JEN" at me while I was shopping!) I didn't want to send it with your bday gift because I wanted to give it to you in person. We will have to get together soon!

Michelle said...

I know I already told you, but I thought I would say congrats again since I was led to the blog.. :) I'm glad everything is still going good! I hope you've had a great start to the school year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to my brother & sister-n-law. I love sharing this time you. I think it's cool being pregnant at the same time. Pretty cool hearing the heartbeat huh? Just wait till the little one starts kicking. Mine is all over the place.