Saturday, October 13, 2007

Baby Update

So we had our 16-week appointment and everything went well. We heard the heartbeat and all my vitals were good as well. I was so excited I only gained ½ a pound. Our next visit we will get an ultrasound. In fact, they told us to bring a VHS tape so we could get a recording of it. I am looking forward to that. So far we are still leaning towards being surprised by the sex of the baby. However, I can see me trying to call the doctor after the fact because I just cannot wait another second to know. I really do not care if it is a boy or girl. When I see a little baby girl on TV I want a girl and when I see a boy I want a boy. Eventually I want at least one of each, so I really do not care which I have first.

In other baby news, we went to Babies R Us last weekend. We didn’t register or anything. Our goal was just to start to get an idea about prices, safety items, and the style we liked. After going we felt a little overwhelmed. So we went home and ordered the Consumer Reports book and I called some girlfriends who have kids for advice. I feel like we are starting to get a handle on everything now, although we are still going back and fourth about whether or not to get a convertible crib. On one hand if you get a convertible crib you will have to buy a new one for every kid. On the other hand if you get a good convertible crib they are suppose to last until the kid leaves the house. We are still not sure but it does seem like most cribs out there are convertibles. I am all ears if you have any advice on the subject.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I highly recommend the book "Best Baby Bargains" - the title is kind of misleading - not only does it tell you how to get good prices for things, more importantly, it really sorts out the brands and varieties and gives you real info on which to buy.
link

And for what its worth, we bought a convertible crib, but Colin chewed up the crib rail so much when he was teething that it won't be looking nice enough to really convert to a bed. So, we just use it for Nora's crib now. :)

And congrats! :)