Monday, October 29, 2007

Registering for baby gear


So Nathan and I went to register yesterday at Babies R Us and Target. It took alot longer than we expected. Even though we bought the consumer reports book and went through it picking out items beforehand many of the items were not at either store. So we were fored to start from scratch. Their is also so much more you have to register for than I ever expected!
We did not even get to funiture we decied to go back another day when we were fresh and after looking though the book Best Baby Buys.
We did register for more high end items than we though we would, such as the top of the line stroller, Chico. However once we got in there and played around with the stuff I saw why it was worth the extra money. Speaking of high end, I had my heart set on a Bumble Bee theme for our nursary, but the only bedding set we could find was $250 dollars. That was just for the bedding not the valances and other decorative items. So I was dishearted until we can home and I found this set brand new on ebay. Not only was it a lot less money, but it included a lot of extras like decorative pillows, valances and a diaper stacker. So I am happy to say we are going ahead with the bumble bee theme! I know bedding is something people usually register for but, I am pretty sure we have enough on the registery for people to find something.

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Just an FYI, Dennis and I have posted a wager on the sex of the baby. If I win I will buy the baby something with my winnings! :)

Jen said...

what do you think it will be?