Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back to the grind stone

Well summer band began for me this past Monday. I am always a little sad before I head back to work. Please do not confuse this we me complaining about the amount of time I have off because I am not. I just morn the loss of my care free summer life style. However once I get back into the band room and start interacting with the kids I forget all about my blues and get excited about what we are doing.

Summer band is unusual because I play lighter selections that we never get to do during the school year. My top group is doing 25 or 6 to 4, Themes from Jurrasic Park, the Pink Panther and last but certainly not least Illinois Loyalty!!! Actually they are doing a bang up job with U of I's school song. Feel free to join us at our summer band concert, Thursday August 17th.

No comments: