Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Birthday

So, how did I spend my birthday? Well my birthday is always a mixed bag for starters it is September 11th. Apparently Channel 9 did a story about 9/11 babies, but I missed it. Also I am usually sick on my birthday. It is a few weeks after school starts and just enough time to be surrounded by sick kids bombarding my immune system. My birthday also falls just after band recruitment which requires me to help tons of fifth graders play instrument… and germs are unavoidable. I thought I was going to be in the clear this year though, the day before my birthday came and I was felling pretty good. I even celebrated with friends. But by that evening I could feel my body getting sick.

The morning of my birthday brought a myriad of systems. Putting aside my failing immune system the day had some highlights. I received lots of cards, e mails and calls from family and friends. When I arrived at school a group of my girls were decorating my door. I have wonderful kids and I am sometimes surprised at how much they me to me and I guess I to them. One of my kids bought me the most thoughtful gift a book call “It’s Not Easy Being Green.” She included such a heart felt letter that I began to cry and had to pull myself together before first hour. I ended the day by going out to dinner with Nathan. I bought the hottest thing on the menu in an effort to clean out my sinuses. It did not work as well as I hoped. I went to bed early in an attempt to kick this bug, but alas the bug has kicked me and I am home sick today.

2 comments:

Mrs. R said...

I'm sorry!!!!

I blame myself!

I was out sick on Monday!

I hope at least the cake was good. :(

Jen said...

The cake was good!