Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Instant oatmeal

I have never been a fan of instant oatmeal. The texture has always been a bit too slimy for my taste. Texture is a big thing to me when it comes to food. Anyway, in the pursuit of healthier living I bought a new kind of instant oatmeal that Quaker came out with. To my surprise it was awesome and it didn’t have a slimy texture. I took some to work today, because I was too lazy to make a sandwich this morning. However to my utter dismay my oatmeal was slimy. How could this be? Well I microwaved it rather than boiling the water in my tea kettle. Apparently that is the key to good instant oatmeal; boil the water, do not microwave it.

In other news, student council elections were announced at my school and the band has taken over. One of my trumpet players is president and one of my percussionists is treasurer…the school might be in some real trouble! We also got our school pictures today. If anyone would like a wallet size of your favorite junior high band director, just let me know. The picture is not half bad for a school picture.

No comments: