Saturday, September 09, 2006

School stuff

Recruitment is finally over! It looks like we have just over 40% of the 5th grade class in band, so we are pretty happy with our numbers. Our instrumentation looks fairly decent too. We do have a few too many trumpets and we could use a couple more percussionists. Normally band programs are trying to drive them away from the drums ,but we have a two year piano requirement in order to play percussion. This guarantees we get kids that will be able to play the mallet instruments and helps keep our numbers on percussion from sky rocketing.

I unfortunately have nothing to report from the home front because this week was all about recruitment and my Symphonic Band Auditions. Auditions went well and there were not too many surprises. I do have three kids who are mad at me. One of whom asked “Do you hate me? Why is so and so a higher chair than me, I sat in front of them last year. Well I did not practice for the audition anyway.” I am sure the kid earned the chair placement they did because I hate them rather than the fact they did not practice

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Happy Birthday Jen!

Tony Real said...

I second the notion. Happy Birthday as well!