Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend Update

After a week of battling illness and a grad school project, Nathan and I headed to St. Louis for his cousin Mellissa’s wedding. She looked wonderful and the wedding went off without a hitch.

I have been to more than my fair share of wedding these past few years. I guess it is just that time in our lives. After going to so many I have a little advice for the maid of honor and best man. Keep your toast funny and short, with an emphasis on short. Mellissa’s sister Kristin’s toast was a great example. She brought up a few funny memories that everyone could laugh at even if you were not there, expressed her heart felt love and congratulations to the couple, and then wrapped it all up. I have been to a few weddings were the toast goes on and on, they bring up inside jokes that no one else gets, and they make the toast about themselves not the couple. I get really aggravated when these things occur. Am I alone in this?

It was a fun evening and a great chance to get caught up with a lot of the extended family. I had a good chat with Nathan’s cousin Mike. We have always gotten along well in the big group gatherings, but it was nice to get to talk with him one on one. He is a good guy and single ladies if anyone is looking. I am sure he would be mortified if he new I just wrote that on my blog. I also got to get in a lot of hugs with my little niece Anna. She is a cutie with a very sweet disposition. So that is my weekend update.

No comments: