Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bowling

As many of you may know I am not an avid bowler. When I was in junior high I played in a league. Our team was made up of all cousins except me. I was friends with one of the girls. Anyways, in between games one of the cousins, Kelly, liked to sit on the step at the back of the lanes. Her mom was always telling her not to sit there because she would get hurt. (Do you see the direction this story is headed?) Well just before our third game Kelly was sitting on the step and I had to bowl first. I asked her to move out of the way so I could start. She moved directly behind me. I looked to make she was no longer sitting to my right and I did not see her. I swung the bowling ball back and heard a crack. I thought I hit the ball return. The sound of the splitting was not that of the plastic ball return but rather Kelly’s skull. When I turned around she was pasted out on the floor. My friend was so mad, I though she might just hit me with her bowling ball. Luckily Kelly’s mom saw the whole thing including me telling Kelly to move because I needed to bowl. Her mom said, “Well she always has to learn lessons the hard way.”

Even though this was a total accident I have shied away from bowling ever since. Consequently I am not a very good bowler when I do go bowling. This past weekend Nathan and I went bowling with some of his work friends and I bowled a 116! To many that score may not seem like much but that’s record breaking for me. I was so excited. Nathan also bowled a great game; he got a 175. By the way I told my tragic bowling story to my band last year before we went bowling and every time I went to bowl at least three kids yelled, “She Hit Me!” Apparently that never gets old when you are in junior high.

No comments: