Monday, January 15, 2007

DDR

So I played DDR for the first time the other night. DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution. DDR is that machine you see in arcades that has the different foot petals that you follow along to a screen with dance moves. I first heard about this a few years ago from my students. It is still just as popular as ever and many of my kids have a home version. Over winter break, my husband said he had better rhythm than I did and challenged me to a dance off. Unfortunately the DDR machine was broken at the movie theater we were at so the challenge had to be postponed.

This past Saturday we were early to a theater we were meeting some friends at and Nathan threw down the gauntlet again. Although I had never played this game before, I was confident I could beat Nathan. I know I have a better sense of rhythm than he does! To make a long story short, we played three rounds on the beginner level and I won ever time! The game is pretty fun. I recommend giving it a try if you never have before.

No comments: