Friday, January 05, 2007

puppies and books

I want a puppy! Unfortunately, the man I live with does not want one. I am pretty sure I want a Beagle…I am a sucker for floppy ears. Look at this face, how could you resist this face???

Well, Nathan can, that's who. I even have his name picked out, Philip Sparke. That is actually the name of a band composer I am a big fan of. His name is pronounced Spark, but I would just call the puppy Sparke. I understand Nathan’s point that we should have a backyard. It will be a way bigger pain in the butt to have to take the dog out every morning rather than just opening the door to a backyard. But, they are so cute. I have done a little bit of reading about them. They are supposed to be smart and very good with kids, but they can be strong willed and hard to train. They can be an inside or outside dog but they do like to howl. Before I actually got one I would want to spend some time with the dog to make sure their temperament was what I was looking for. It would probably also be a good idea to talk with a vet. But here I am going on about a dog I will not be getting any time soon L.

In other news I finished a book called Maybe A Miracle by Brian Strause. It was pretty good, I would give it seven out of ten stars. If you are looking for a nice light read definitely give this book a go. Also if you are Catholic or a baseball fan you will probably enjoy this book. The central character is a teenage boy who is fairly jaded and witty, but only in his own head. That is a concept I think we can all relate to on some level. I know I always have the best comeback several minutes after the situation has ended. Although I do think I am getting better at that sort of thing as I get older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The howl of a beagle has to be the most irritating sound God ever devised. Your teeth will grind themselves into powder from their constant, jarring, ineluctable racket. No peace, no calm, no respose can you have when a beagle opens the cursed orifice innocuously nestled amongst those deceptively cute features on its pseudo-innocent face.

Nathan H said...

Thank You