Saturday, October 18, 2008

Boycott CD One Price Cleaners


I was heart broken when I took Gretchen’s Baptism Dress out of the dry cleaning bag today. CD One Price Cleaners ruined her dress. When I took her dress in it had no stains and was in perfect condition. The only reason I took it to the dry cleaners was so they could do a good job of ironing it. Whenever I iron I seem to create more wrinkles then I get out.

I did not inspect the dress at the cleaners. Gretchen is scared of the noise the machines make, so I just grab our stuff and go. Her dress is no longer white, but a dirty off white color. It looks like they cleaned it in very dirty water and did not rinse it well. The dress is very wrinkled, but worst of all is most of the ribbons on her dress are frayed.

I know this is not the end of the world but I was/am so upset. I spent forever looking for just the right Baptism dress for Gretchen and possible future daughters. I wanted this dress to be something I could pass on. A dress Gretchen could use for her daughter someday. I know I can buy another one, but it will not be the one that my daughter wore when she became a child of Christ. That means so much to me and I am furious. To add insult to injury is the fact that they just tried to sneak and not say anything to me and hope I would not notice. I do not know what they can do to correct this wrong, but I am going to go up there on Monday and raise hell.

Please if you have a CD One Price Cleaners in your area do not use them, you will be sorry. If you happen to walk by one stop in and tell them about this and how you will not use there services.

1 comment:

Emily said...

After you raise hell at that cleaners', go to another one and see if they can get it white again. After that, bring it to me and I'll replace all the ribbons for you.

Good luck!