Sunday, July 31, 2011

Photography class

I took a class this weekend at Navy Pier on photography. I am trying to get the most out of my new camera and start shooting in modes other then auto. After this class I am on my way.


Just a nice landscape shot.

Here is me with Julie at the class.



The objective with these shots was to make the foreground clear and blur the back ground by using a large aperture, zooming in and getting close. I think I missed the mark on this first one but did a nice job on my second try.



Here my goal was to blur the man running but focus the background. I did this through using a slow shudder speed and making myself into a sturdy tripod.


Here my goal was to make the man running clear but blur the background. This is much harder to do, you use a technique called panning and I will need to practice. Now if only I could get my kids to keep doing the same cute things over and over again so I could mess with my camera settings and still get the shot.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: