Friday, November 10, 2006

Can't sleep

So it is 12:30 on a Friday night and I can not sleep. I ate a greasy dinner and it is not agreeing with me… that will teach me to not eat healthy. I should be sleeping I need to be up early. I have an IMEA jazz festival to go to tomorrow (today). After that my fall from hell will be over! Next weekend I am free as a bird. My plan at the moment is to sit on the couch and do nothing all weekend long. I might have to modify those plans slightly since I am hosting Turkey Day this year. However I am certainly looking forward to my free weekend.

I just finished parent teacher conferences and everything went smoothly. I had rehearsals with my bands for four hours the first day of p/t conferences and we got a lot of wood shedding done on our music. As the band director I only had two parents request my presence at their student’s conference. However I go to all of them….well most I usually just catch in the hallway and give a quick up date too. My students rarely have significant issues maybe they forgot to turn in a practice chart or two and that is about it.

Nathan and I saw a great movie this evening, Stranger than Fiction. I really like Will Farrell. He did a nice job although it was a bit of a departure from the goofy guys he usually plays. He just has a real likability to him, the kind of guy you would want as a neighbor. Anyways I would recommend the movie. Now I am going to go lie down and pretend to be sleepy.

No comments: