Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. I was hosted my family this year. We did not make a whole turkey for three reasons: 1) there were only eight of us; 2) nobody really loves turkey in my family; and 3) I was afraid of cooking a whole bird. I do not like to cook anything for the first time for people. On the other hand when would I cook a whole turkey for just Nathan and me? So we marinated and barbequed several turkey breasts. I thought they turned out terrific, no dry flavorless turkey this year. One quick question though. Someone spilled red wine on my table cloth. Does anyone know a trick to get that out?

Today I went to a spin class to try and burn off a little bit of yesterday’s meal. I really like spin classes. I am exhausted afterwards but in a good way. Later in the day I did not want to join the huddled masses in the stores, but I got bored. I decided to wander over to Target. To my surprise Target was over staffed and very organized. I was able to cross my aunt and nephew off my Christmas list. I think I might try and do some online shopping this year as well in an effort to minimize my exposure to impulse shopping.

One last note, I did write a Christmas letter this year.

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Jen,
Congrats on cooking the big Thanksgiving meal! Maybe next year I will rise to the challenge.