Thursday, March 29, 2007

I love Sun Shine!

We just got back from San Diego last night. We had a great time. The weather was mid-sixties and sunny most of the time. It was pretty windy, which we were told was very unusual. We will just have to go back some other time and check it out for ourselves. Here are a few pictures from our trip.
Here is a picture of Nathan and I our first night in San Diego. We actually forgot our camera for most of that first day. In my opinion the weather was nicest that first day we spent down by the harbor. I could have sat there watching the waves and enjoying the sun forever. This picture is at a jazz club/restaurant called Croce's. The music was great and so was the food.
This is a shot of the San Diego sky line from the bridge to Coranado Island. The famous Coranado Hotel is where they filmed the movie Some Like It Hot. We learned a lot about San Diego by taking a guided tour bus. This tour was nice because you could get off at every stop walk around and then catch the next bus once you were done looking around.
Here is Nathan and I just taking a break from walking around Balboa Park. Balboa Park has seven different museums as well as the zoo! The park is huge and many of its buildings were constructed for two different World Fairs in the early twentieth century.

This was one of my favorite pictures we took at the zoo. The San Diego Zoo is by far the biggest and nicest Zoo I have ever been too. Don't the hippos look so cute cuddling one another!

Here is our reenactment of the hippo picture.

We have lots more pictures and stories to share about our trip including how I found out I get seasick. Yuck! We will tell you all about it next time we see each other or maybe I will do a part two to this post.


1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

You guys look just like the hippos! hehe :)