Monday, February 18, 2008

Thank You Julie!!!

So this past Sunday was my second baby shower. Despite the dismal forecast predicted by the weatherman, everything was wonderful. The weather cooperated, we had a great turnout of friends and family, and the restaurant looked great thanks to Julie. It was wonderful to see everyone and to just have a chance to relax, eat some deep dish pizza, and celebrate the arrival of our baby.

We did have one moment of panic however; I lost my engagement ring in the garbage bag for the wrapping paper. I have been wearing my rings on a chain for the last few weeks, because my fingers are too swollen to wear them. I wanted to wear them for the shower, however, so I decided to put them on my pinky instead... well my hands are not that swollen it seems. So we had an impromptu game of Find Jen's Ring! My friend Lyndsay won, we all had a good laugh, and then went back to present opening. I have listed a few pictures below from the shower.

I do have to take one more moment and sing the praises of my friend Julie. She spent so much time and energy planning this shower and I am so appreciative. Everything was perfect from the invitations, to the goodie bags, to the little baby socks she used to decorate with. I consider myself a lucky person to have a friend like Julie.


Here is a group shot. Can you find all five pregnate ladies?
Julie and Jen
Me with my mom and Tiff, I can not believe we got my mom to take a picture, she always says no.
The high school gang.
A very artistic shot of the party through the baby socks.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking very good I must say Momma!!!!!!

Mrs. Smith said...

You're Welcome! It was a lot of fun. But think of how much more fun it will be when you have a baby to play with! YAY! I can hardly wait!