Saturday, February 23, 2008

This is ridiculous.

Please learn from my mistake. We registered at Target and Babies R Us. Luckily most gifts we received were off of our registry, however a certain percentage of items were not or we got duplicates of certain items. People who bought off our registry usually did not include a gift receipt. So I figured I will only get store credit, no big deal, when I went to return the duplicate items. At Target you can only return two items without a gift receipt in a 12 month period!!! That is utter bull. So I have several nice things in multiples that I am stuck with. Your little one can only use so many sleepers, bottles, and crib sheets.

I understand a large store having policy to keep them from getting scammed. However, it is ridiculous that someone who has a registry with them and is trying to return duplicates off that registry or other unopened items cannot do so. I was going to turn around and use the credit to buy the remaining items off the registry. So if you are registering at Target please be aware of this outrageously strict policy. I would recommend not registering there or making everyone around you aware of that policy, so they make sure to include a gift receipt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had problems with Target too! I wanted to exchange something after Christmas but they wouldn't let me because it was over $20. Now to hear the hassle they gave you I know I will not be registering with them. Thanks for the info!
Sarah