Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Closer

I feel obliged to give five stars to TNT’s police drama The Closer. I am a huge Law and Order fan; I do not discriminate between the original, svu or criminal intent. During the summer I go through a bit of withdrawl. Not that I can not see a rerun of Law and Order six times a day, however I have seen most of them. Yes that is right I have probably seen nine out of ten Law and Order episodes since the shows inception, but I digress.

Last summer I stumbled upon The Closer to help fill the void that no new Law and Order’s had left me with. I enjoy the show because it is a bit like my beloved Law and Order, only with more of a southern personal twist. The main character is deputy police Chief Brenda Lee Johnson, played by Kyra Sedgwick. She is an Atlanta native who was brought in to run the Priority Homicide Division of the LA PD. I love watching her deal with her detectives sometimes eloquently and other times not so much, but always with a large helping of southern charm. The character is very good at her job while still struggling with her own quirks and neuroses. If you get a chance check out The Closer, it airs Monday night at 8pm in the Chicago land area. Now I must run and take a drum set lesson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard about how good "The Closer" is! You have inspired me to watch part of an episode.
ps...I changed 2 of my lightbulbs to the energy saver ones. All because of your wisdom :)

Tony Real said...

The Closer is definitely one of Wendy's favorite shows. I think she's seen EVERY episode from the start.

I give it a thumbs up, but I'm not as much of a fanatic.

Mrs. Smith said...

Jen, I too LOVE Law and Order and I too go through withdrawals. I often find myself watching reruns in the summer because I can't go 4 months without seeing Vince Dinofrio. I will have to check out The Closer next week and see what it's all about.