Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This ones for you kid

I was just wondering if anyone checked my blog and I convinced myself that no one does since I rarely get comments. Then I don’t post for a few days and I get blog guilt from Cindy…so here it goes

I am back in the classroom again. I have 73 kids in my top group this year and instrumentation is looking pretty good. I did have a tuba player move away over the summer which hurt. I would almost rather lose a toe than a tuba player. I was going to have three girl tuba players this year. We were going to have t-shirts made to commemorate such a historic event. I still have two tuba girls, but it just does not seem the same. I do have five horns this year which makes me want to do cart wheels! As always, my saxophone section is looking to be the most colorful of the group.

Why does it always seem like the saxophone kids are the colorful ones? My fellow band director at school Kim swears she is going to do her masters thesis on developing a personality test to determine what you should play. No more trying instruments out. Instead we will ask a series of preference questions to determine what you should play. I wonder what some of those questions should be? Anyway I should go and rest up. We start beginning band recruitment tomorrow and since we do not have the personality test yet, we will just have to do it the old fashioned way.

4 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Jen,
I posted a comment on your other post that was identical to this one, but you erased it! I was just saying that I read your blog....but don't worry I am convinced that no one reads mine eihter... :(

Jen said...

Julie...I read your blog!

Mrs. R said...

I read both of yours!

Tony Real said...

Is it really any surprise that the saxophone kids are the most colorful ones?