Monday, January 07, 2008

Vicks

A few months back I posted an item about Vicks Vapor Rub. It stated that if you had a bad cough put Vicks on the bottom of your feet and put socks over them and with in a few moments your cough should clear up. I had just heard this from a friend and did not try it myself.

Well I have had a cold for a few days now and last night it moved into my chest and I developed a horrific cough. You know the kind of primordial cough where it almost feels like you are scratching your throat you cough so hard. After about an hour of trying to ignore it I decided to give the Vicks thing a try. I am happy to report it worked wonderfully. I guess some of it could be psychosomatic, but I do not care. My cough cleared up and my sinuses did a little as well. Since I can not take any decongestant while I am pregnant it was nice to hit on something safe to use. I will be using Vicks (actually the generic stuff) again tonight.

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

I just got another email from someone else about putting vicks on your feet - and supposedly it was backed by snopes.com I am glad it worked for you! I will have to keep it in mind the next time I am sick!